Hi everyone,

first of all, I'd like to thank Clayton for kicking this off!

As I only just joined this ML, let me quickly introduce myself:

I am an Associate Software Engineer on the OpenShift
machine-config-operator (mco) team and I'm based out of Berlin, Germany.
Last year, I participated in Google Summer of Code as a student with Fedora
IoT and joined Red Hat shortly thereafter to work on the Fedora CoreOS
(FCOS) team.
I joined the MCO team when it was established earlier this year.

Having been a Fedora/Atomic community member for some years, I'm a strong
proponent of using FCOS as base OS for OKD and would like to see it enabled
:)
As I work on the team that looks after the MCO, which is one of the parts
of OpenShift that will need some adaptation in order to support another
base OS, I am confident I can help with contributions there
(of course I don't want to shut the door for other OSes to be used as base
if people are interested in that :).

Proposal: Create WG and hold regular meetings

I'd like to propose the creation of the OKD Working Group that will hold
bi-weekly meetings.
(or should we call it a SIG? Also open to suggestions to find the right
venue: IRC?, OpenShift Commons Slack?).

I'll survey some people in the coming days to find a suitable meeting time.

If you have any feedback or suggestions, please feel free to reach out,
either via this list or personally!
I can be found as lorbus on IRC/Fedora, @lorbus42 on Twitter, or simply via
email :)

I'll send out more info here ASAP. Stay tuned!

With kind regards

CHRISTIAN GLOMBEK
Associate Software Engineer

Red Hat GmbH, registred seat: Grassbrunn
Commercial register: Amtsgericht Muenchen, HRB 153243
Managing directors: Charles Cachera, Michael O'Neill, Thomas Savage,
Eric Shander