De: "Samuel Martín Moro" <faus...@gmail.com>
À: "Benjamin Guillon" <benjamin.guil...@cc.in2p3.fr>
Cc: "users" <users@lists.openshift.redhat.com>
Envoyé: Mardi 8 Octobre 2019 10:30:31
Objet: Re: CephFS external storage

Hi,

CephFS works on OKD 3.11 -- and probably earlier.
Kubernetes docs are pretty much accurate dealing with CephFS on OpenShift.
You'ld need a specific provisioner, with admin privileges over your Ceph
cluster (creating CephFS volumes would create a Ceph keyring with limited
privileges, such as your Pods may not access shares they're not meant to use)

One small detail though: I couldn't manage to make it work using the cephfs
kernel driver.
If you end up unable to read/write your shares, try installing ceph-fuse
instead ( [ https://github.com/openshift/origin/issues/21778 |
https://github.com/openshift/origin/issues/21778 ] )

Other alternatives, glusterfs obviously. Viable: I wouldn't go there.
Stuff like CIFS shares. Though can break some applications (eg: jenkins, low
posix compliance)
Haven't had much time to extensively test cephfs. I seem to remember the MDS
leak (13.x)
All in all, there's no perfect solution.

Depending on your application, if you're lucky, another take on it could be to
look into s3 (radosgw) integration.

Regards.

On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 9:32 AM Benjamin Guillon < [