I've now discovered that the cluster-samples-operator doesn't seem honour
the proxy settings, and I see lots of errors in the
cluster-samples-operator-xxxx pod logs

time="2019-11-12T04:15:49Z" level=warning msg="Image import for imagestream
dotnet tag 2.1 generation 2 failed with detailed message Internal error
occurred: Get https://registry.redhat.io/v2/: x509: certificate signed by
unknown authority"

Is there a way to get that operator to use the same user-ca-bundle?