Hi Pat,

OK :).

Well, the usage of the -1 index is inconsistent with the rest of the indexes - for positive indexes are used to "overwrite" an existing value, not to add a new one. This is why the usage of -1 to add may be misleading, as you would expect to actually overwrite the last value :).

I committed a patch on trunk/2.3 that adds the "append" index for AVPs :
    $(avp(name)[append]) = "last value";

https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/commit/466fbf045179188c39fefe5b48ec581c37023a5b

You may consider using it (it is fully 2.2 compatible) and starting with 2.3 version you will get rid of additional patches ;).