Hello Liviu,
Yes, that correct. Right now each node in cluster have own vip from keepalived on LAN side. The issue how to specify correct vip in case of failover, so if node 2 fail and node 2 vip was relocated to node 1. All sessions should be process on node 1 and append_hf("Path: <sip:$fU@MAIN_VIP:5060;transport=udp>\r\n"); should have correct ip's. Same with rtpengine offer rtpengine_offer("replace-origin replace-session-connection in-iface=external out-iface=internal media-address=$avp(media_addr) RTP/AVP ICE=remove") where need introduce media-address to specify correct vip ip.
Can you exapand on m4 ? I never used the templating.
Might db avp  to predefine  cluster nodes vip ip, not sure.

volga629