Hi,

Sodium metal has an odd number of electrons per primitive unit cell (which contains a single atom), and however is nonmagnetic. The same applies to aluminum. This is the result of having a large overlap between orbitals, making the (in principle) spin up and spin down energy separation much smaller than the bandwidth so that spin up and down electrons are equaled in population. Did you verify whether this is your case?

Regards,

José Carlos