I would guess that you calculate the static dielectric constant at the temperature-dependent volume (experimental, or quasi-harmonic) and you are 90% of the way there. Do you have a specific reason to believe that it would be proportional to the RMS ?

Btw, the code d3_r2q.x included with the "anharmonic" package can compute the RMS from an inexpensive phonon calculation, maybe have a look at it before doing a large supercell MD.

https://anharmonic.github.io/thermal2/#d3_r2qx-code

cheers