On 2016-04-14 10:50, Nick Hardiman wrote:
I’m getting started with a new Odroid XU4 and RSEL6 minimal. I use
RHEL6- and 7-a-likes all the time, so makes sense to load up RSEL6 and
7 on my new board.

What is the easiest way to create a bootable SD card for an Odroid XU4 board?

So far, I assembled an SD card that includes:
* Samsung’s bootloader parts and u-boot
* boot fs from Ordroid’s supplied Ubuntu
* root fs from http://ftp.redsleeve.org/pub/el6-staging/rootfs/

I haven’t got the magic formula quite right yet, because the kernel
gets as far as trying to open a nonexistant /etc/fstab and falls over.
Instead of fixing this build, maybe I should start with a different
type of build.

How would you guys build an SD card for an XU4?

There is no better/easier way because that would require an image
specific to XU4. What you need to do is edit the fstab to add the
relevant entries.

Also, you haven't mentioned it, but you will need /lib/{modules,firmware}
from the Ubuntu image for the kernel you got from there.

Gordan