I also tried to configure more variables on defaults.inc.php to:

[quote]$config['smtp_server'] = ‘%n’; // my mail server starts with mail.*
$config['smtp_port'] = 25;
$config['smtp_user'] = '%u';
$config['smtp_pass'] = '%p';
$config['smtp_auth_type'] = ‘LOGIN’;[/quote]

When i mess with those last 3 fields, for every send (inside or outside of
the domains of ISP), i get:

[quote]SMTP Error (250): Authentication failed.[/quote]

I also use every type of smtp_auth_type available in the commented list that
was brought by default inside of the defaults.inc.php.

If i leave it empty, i receive the SMTP error 550, when i send just to
outside domains of my ISP:

[quote]SMTP Error (550): Failed to add recipient "XXX" (Please turn on SMTP
Authentication in your mail client.
XXX (XXX.local) [XXX]:XXX
is not permitted to relay through this server without

Roundcube Users mailing list