On 09.04.2018 02:37, David Mehler wrote:

> what I'm wanting to do is tighten my tls verification options. My
> domains each use a different letsencrypt certificate.

Depending on your platform, you could do without any special Roundube
configuration. With modern Linux distributions like Gentoo this works:

  1. Download LE root CA cert from https://letsencrypt.org/certificates/
  2. Save cert in /usr/local/share/ca-certificates (you might need to
     create this directory) with '.crt' name suffix. (*)
  3. Run 'update-ca-certificates --fresh' as root.
  4. Restart your web server.

With that, Let's Encrypt is configured as a locally trusted CA for
libssl, and in the Roundube configuration only

  $config['default_host'] = 'ssl://imap.horus-it.com';

is then required, if you match the host name of your certificate. This
method benefits any process on your server that uses libssl.

-Ralph

(*) See 'man 8 update-ca-certificates'.