You made a mistake because the response you compute with
rep=flts(u,tf2ss(h)); k=find(rep<>0,1)
is not exactly a step response because the step does not occur at the first sample

If you use
H=time_id(10,u,rep)
to identify the response you vill got a batter result

An other an probably better solution is to extract the delay before starting the identification: k=find(rep<>0,1) //here the threshold has to be improved in case of noisy signal
H=time_id(1,"step",rep(k:$))

Serge