If you use optim you can set the ind retured arg to -1 in the cost function to say that the function cannot be evaluated at this point.

Serge

Le 06/10/2016 à 10:51, paul.carr...@free.fr a écrit :

Hi All

I’m using Scilab as the interface between my optimizer and my finite element solver(s) and sometimes Scilab stops because of unexpected and impossible calculus (1/x with x = 0 as an example ); obviously Scilab stops (and so the optimization).

I’m wondering if it’s possible:

-To ask back Scilab a message such as “hey I crashed because you’re a fool and you’ve not anticipated an impossible calculation !!!”

-To get back Scilab control in order to avoid optimization process crash ? I’ve been thinking in affecting a cost function value at %inf for example (not elegant I recognize)

I don’t know if I’m understandable enough …

Paul