Hello,
I was trying some simple programs that use the input statement on Scilab 6.0.0, and I got unexpected behaviour. Here is a test:
n = input("n = ")
while n > 0
    n = input("n = ")
end
printf("\nThanks")

Here is the result of this program on Scilab 6.0.0 console with input 1, 2, 3, 4 and 0:

n =
1

n =
--> 2
n =
3

n =
4

n =
0

Thanks
2+2
 ans  =

   4.

Compare this with the output on Scilab 5.5.2 console for the same input:

n = 1
n = 2
n = 3
n = 4
n = 0

Thanks

This is much more what one should expect from this litle program. Remark that on 6.0.0 console
1) There is a disturbing new line after printing the input statement message
2) There is a spurious apearance of the console prompt "-->" after the first execution of input statement
3) The console prompt "-->" does not appear after the end of program execution.

I am using Scilab on a Windows 10 system.

Thanks for your attention.
Osvaldo