Antoine,

The continuation mark .. doesn't work within strings. Something like this

disp("Hello, ..
world")

produces an error (actually, two errors).

I think it would be relatively simple to fix this syntax-highlighting bug by just not letting that 2 dots trigger a change in syntax color highlighting within a string.

Indeed, as per the documentation (help dot) this seems to be the only valid use of .. other than at the end of a line or followed by a comment.

If one runs, for instance

a = [1 2 3 .. 4 5 6]

the Console enters in a mode expecting something more (> instead of -->), the same as in the case of a line with a for, but I don't succeed finding how to finish except cancelling with Ctrl-C.

Regards,

Federico Miyara