Heinz,

Inkcape is a free software for vectorial graphics manipulation, similar to Freehand or Adobe Illustrator. It can be downloaded from https://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_pictures/inkscape_portable as a portable application and it is relatively easy to use. I haven't used to set transparency but it should surely be straightforward.

Federico Miyara