Le 23/12/2020 à 11:46, Jean-Yves Baudais a écrit :
Hello,

   When I installed Scilab, I unziped the file on my home directory. The permission for all files is read only, and execute if needed. Then, the demo_gui() needs to be executed twice to work.

The first time, in file demo_gui.sci:
- line 54, the permission of 'File' is read only;
- line 55, 'File2' has not been created yet;
- line 58, 'File2' is created with the same permission as 'File';

This is an issue, because File2 is copied from File in your TMPDIR where all files are assumed to be writable.

- line 65, 'xmlWrite' cannot write because of read permission only and demo_gui() stops with the error message "Cannot write the file...".

The second time 'File2' exists, then demo_gui() works.

Yes, because File2 exists, but has not been possibly updated according to your Preferences=>General demo GUI  preference.

I will try to test by forcing File permissions on my system, and see what copyfile() does.