Hello Federico,

I'm not sure to understand exactly your needs but:

seems to be something we cannot get rid off unless using symbolic calculation
i.e. having a specific variable for pi which is recognised and gives the exact
result with given functions.

> 1) How is the sin() function extended to very large values of the argument?

I don’t know about Scilab but as it is initially based on Fortran, it probably
uses the related Fortran library (or maybe a more modern library, this is not
documented).
You might have some answers here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sine#Software_implementations

Hope this helps,

Regards

--
Christophe Dang Ngoc Chan
Mechanical calculation engineer

General
not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error), please
notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.