Hello Samuel,

Dear all,

After having changed the default grid style in Scilab 6.1.0, i propose to go on, tuning more carefully the default font size of axes labels.

Each time that i define a xlabel, ylabel or sometimes zlabel, and a title, i have also to set explicitly their fontsize property, because i find the default size=1 always too small.
Is it also your usage?

Yes!

Indeed, the font size = 1 is fine for ticks labels. From here, axes labels must be displayed with a bigger font size. Sometime size=2 is still not enough, noticeably with a LaTeX content. But well, then we can actually use an explicit fontsize setting.

Indeed, I usually use font_size=4 or 5 when using LaTeX strings.

This proposal impacts everybody and frequently, because making plots is a basic task in Scilab
Every comment is welcome, before implementing this simple change.

I have a comment concerning the syntax.
I'm not particularly fan of the "inline" syntax without parenthesis.

Is your:

    xlabel "Title for abscissas" fontsize 2

syntaxic sugar for

    xlabel( "Title for abscissas", fontsize=2)

or something equivalent?

Antoine

Hope reading you soon.

Samuel Gougeon

clf
subplot(1,3,1)
plot2d
xlabel  "Title for abscissas"
ylabel  "Title for ordinates"

subplot(1,3,2)
xlabel  "Title for abscissas"  fontsize  2
ylabel  "Title for ordinates"  fontsize  2
plot2d

subplot(1,3,3)
xlabel  "$\alpha\text{ coefficient }[m^{-1}]$"  fontsize  2
ylabel  "$\beta\text{ result }[lm^{-1}]$"  fontsize  2
plot2d