Hi,

Le 11/03/2021 à 15:56, Antoine Monmayrant a écrit :

On 11/03/2021 11:08, Jean-Yves Baudais wrote:
Hi Antoine,

Are you running scilab under Linux?
Yes.

It might not be related, but I noticed that when my computer resumes
from sleep, all the scilab GUI is unresponsive.
I removed all sleep modes on my computer (to maintain VPN access and get around some other problems) and I never use them.

Can you run your long simulation without gui?
It was. I tested the following

i=0;while 1, i=i+1;mprintf("%d\n",i); end;

and there is no problem up to i=2e8 with -nwni option, and up to i=5e7 with gui (I locked my screen during the simulation and unlocked it to stop the simulation, no problem to resume). So, my first feeling was wrong, it's not a prompt limitation.
It might be java-related as -nwni is shutting off all the java-based elements of Scilab.

I don't know whether this bug has been reported yet...

Did you try without the mprintf ?

S;

Antoine

Strange behaviour...