In the Ant Optional task documentation under JavaCC, it says you can set the
javacchome variable for that task, so you wouldn't need an env var.  If maven
has a javacc plugin, but it won't take a property for javacchome, you'll have
to modify the plugin.jelly for that plugin or just use the ant task.

http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/javacc.html

-jake