I am preprocessing my src directory using Jass into target/src-jass.  My
pom.build.sourceDirectory and maven.src.dir values are set to target/src-jass, and I
have a preGoal on java:compile that preprocesses the src dir.

This is fine for every case except Checkstyle, since Jass messes up the code style
when it preprocesses.  I would like to get Checkstyle to check the src directory
instead of target/src-jass.

Looking at the documentation,
http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/checkstyle/properties.html, it seems like I
should be able to do something like 'maven -Dmaven.src.dir=src checkstyle'.  However,
looking at the checkstyle project.xml file from CVS, line 151, it is using
pom.build.sourceDirectory which I can't set from the command line.

Is this a problem with the documentation, or is it something I'm overlooking?

Is there any way around this problem without changing the checkstyle project.xml and
building a customized maven-checkstyle.jar?

Thanks,

Jake