daniel.green wrote:
Upon the packaging of my war, I want to convert all .properties files to
utf8. Can I do this with straight maven or will I need to run an ant task OR
write my own plugin?

what is your original encoding? why not use UTF-8 directly when editing files?

We usually want exactly the opposite, i.e. write our .property files using UTF-8 and in our native language, then use native2ascii executable from the JDK (think there is a maven plugin for that and an ant task is certainly available) to convert the files in ascii to ensure proper interpretation of prop values.