Take a look at assemblies. That will allow you to package your source
in a jar or tarball.

To create an assembly, you need the assembly plugin in your pom.xml,
and you need to define an assembly file which describes what will be
in your assembly (usually stored in /src/main/assembly. Optionally,
you can redefine the package lifecycle to build the assembly for you.
Otherwise, it will only build if you do "mvn assembly:assembly".

See <http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/>

--
David Weintraub
qazw...@gmail.com