Generate a sub module from an
archetype<http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/#>
is  TBD  now according to Maven Apache project ..
More details of Maven Archetype Plugin can be found in :
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/examples/generate-alternative-catalog.html

Also Archetype Plugin  can be  used to Create an Archetype with a property
file :
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/examples/create-with-property-file.html

Thanks
Saritha SV