There is a guide for testing snapshots here [1], but your problem seems related to archiva, you should get better help on the corresponding list.

-Lukas

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-development-plugins.html

JeremieB wrote:
Hi and thanks for reply,

I'm trying to test this but fail since now.

I added repository for apache snapshots in my archiva proxy connectors list,
but now it seems nothing works anymore ...

My build downloads .pom and metadata for maven-site-plugin 2.1-SNAPSHOT, but
it's not able to download the jar in any way.
Installing manually the .jar seem to make things progress, but still my
build is not able to download any SNAPSHOT dependency of site-plugin from my
archiva server. Logs show only a bunch of "Read time out".

I really do not understand a thing of what's happening :/

ltheussl wrote:

The permission settings in server are not used anymore since maven 2.1
[1]. The chmod command is optional and configurable in the current site-plugin-2.1-SNAPSHOT [2], you can test it eg like

<chmodMode>g+w,a+rX</chmodMode>
<chmodOptions>-Rf</chmodOptions>

Note however that there are some pitholes [3].

HTH,
-Lukas

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3600
[2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-141