From: KURT TOMETICH [mailto:boomtow...@msn.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 7:07 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: SCM plugin password encryption

I feel like I must be missing something because I have yet found a way
to encrypt my SCM password in my Maven POM.  I am using the maven
release plugin and need to use some credentials on the CI server, but I
don't want to store the password in clear text.  Is there a way to
encrypt the password and reference it in the Maven SCM plugin?

I've tried using the Maven encryption guide
(http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-encryption.html) which works
well for encrypting Maven repository credentials.  The problem is that
you can't (from what I've seen) reference the id for a server in the
Maven SCM plugin.  Here's an example of what I'd like to see in the POM:

<plugin>
       <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
       <configuration>
            <username>kurt.tometich</username>
            <password>{encrypted password here}</password>
       </configuration>
</plugin>

Any ideas of how to do this would be welcome.  Thanks in advance.

Kurt