Hi,
With similar issues I fought in july.
Unfortunately Eclipse does not have individual classpath for just testing,
therefore if the .classpath file has the test directories on sources, also
WTP will put in .settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component too. and when the
dependencies are resolved from Workspace, the jar is created accordingly,
that's why you see tests in newly created jar.

Since WTP often writes in org.eclipse.wst.common.component, I cannot figure
out if m2eclipse can take over the control of this file. Therefore manually
I remove those tests web-resource lines. Until you don't update m2eclipse
project configuration or add new source directories, you don't have problem
with tests. At least our guys still using m2eclipse and I never heard
complains about this problems.

I know that this is just a workaround, but seems to work effectively.

Regards
Tibor