Not so much.  Take Weblogic for example. You really can't deploy a
Struts2 based WAR file to it because of library conflicts. It would be
cool if I could specify somehow, somewhere that this is a Weblogic
project.  Then it would always build as an ear and would include a
weblogic-application.xml with the excludes/prefers set so that the
conflicts don't happen. Also Weblogic insists on APP-INF rather than
WEB-INF. Perhaps that is related to the fact that it is now an *.ear
file though, I don't know.