This makes sense.  Thanks Justin.

-Chris

On 10/07/2009 11:51 AM, Edelson, Justin wrote:
If you question is - can I use a WAR file as a dependency and get the classes
inside the WAR file added to the classpath, the answer is no. This has nothing
to do with Maven - it's Java.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Bredesen [mailto:cbrede...@redhat.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 10:50 AM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: Unit test project depending on WAR project code

I got your meaning and I will investigate that.  I generally try to KISS and
adding a module to create a jar to go in a war kinda violates that.
   But if it's the only way out of this, I'll try it.

Oddly, when I remove the<packaging>war</packaging>  from the unit test
project's dependency list, it works in m2eclipse (which AFIAK is based on M3).  In that
state, maven 2.0.10 barfs completely and can't even find the dependency which is farther
from success than what I've got.

I'd really like to see if this is meant to work in Maven or if I'm just
DoingItWrong.

Thanks for your input Roland, must appreciated!!!

-CB