Reading the following thread brings forth this question ( Actually there was
a thread on this few weeks back. But it wasnt very detailed ) :

We have this configuration file that contains machine/server specific
information.
Assuming my application is an ear, how do I do a build so that I dont have
to do a build specific for each target hosts.
1. Should I bundle up the configuration file inside the ear file ?
2. Should I bundle up all configuration files for all possible servers and
at deployment time set some kind of variable ( through teh app server admin
console ), which resolves to a specific config file ?

In general what is teh best practice for this

--sony