I was thinking of exactly teh same when I wrote it ( the name of the
particular config file to be chosen is stored in JNDI. Using the application
event listener, teh particular file is preread when app comes online )

But I wanted to ask if this is really how most well maintained projects do
it ?

Does maven have any tricks/standard way to deploy teh config file ?
--sony