On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 9:53 AM, stephane ancelot <sance...@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have got a problem !
>
> I have to use netbeans in multiproject environment. multiproject means I
> have to generate a package  that is composed of many C/C++ applications
> executable.
>
> however, it looks like netbeans does not support well multiproject
> environment.
>
> So, may be using maven will solve this problem ?

depends. check first whether after using maven you still get most/all of the
c++ editor features you get in the C++ projects. The support could be bound
exclusively to these and be absent in maven projects..

> I would like to know if I can use maven with netbeans in this context, my
> project structure would be similar to :
>
> project1/
> project2/
> somelib1/
> somelibx/
>

> What are necessary customisations in order doing this ?
> I tried making a pom.xml with native settings, importing it in netbeans
> but it creates some java files.

you will need to find maven plugins specific to c++ developement and see
from there how the maven project is to be customized.

> Inside the IDE , when I add new files to the project, I would like it to
> be transparent for the user.
> I do not want him to hack some pom files ...Is it working ?

It should as far as I can tell.

Milos