Wendy Smoak wrote:

>> One way, I know to achieve this is to configure the site plug-in in each
>> child project with an inherited=false. But that is a bit crummy.
>
> What happens if you configure inherited=false in the parent?

That didn't help.

Here is my project structure:
   scm-control-center (top level reactor) <-- I want site docs ONLY at this
level

                        +-- control-center (reactor for producing a webapp)
                        |               |
                        |               +-- common (domain model and
interfaces)
                        |               |
                        |               +-- dataAccess (holds DAOs)
                        |               |
                        |               +-- service (All the WLS and WAS
service impls)
                        |               |
                        |               +-- web (icefaces frontend and
webapp)

                        +-- db (holds the hosts.xml file)

I configured the site plugin in the top-level pom like so:
  <build>
    <plugins>
        <plugin>
                <inherited>false</inherited>
        </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

I still get the following:

C:\eclipseWorkspaces\ws2\scm-control-center>mvn site:site -Dlabel=1.0.0
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   scm-control-center
[INFO]   control-center
[INFO]   control-center-common
[INFO]   control-center-dataAccess
[INFO]   control-center-service
[INFO]   control-center-web
[INFO]   scm-hostsxml-center
[INFO]
[INFO] Building scm-control-center
[INFO]    task-segment: [site:site]
[INFO]
[INFO] [site:site]
[INFO] Generating "Project Team" report.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building control-center
[INFO]    task-segment: [site:site]
[INFO]
[INFO] [site:site]
[INFO] Parent project loaded from repository.
[INFO]

Looking at the above it seems that the task-segment site:site is being
executed for the control-center child project which is what inherited=false
should have suppressed.