I see that http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAR-28 was "fixed" in the 2.3
release.  From my perspective, this seems to have broken things, including a
viable working system I had using 2.2.

In 2.3 I have several SNAPSHOT dependencies, but when I build a jar with
addClasspath, only one of those is getting a timestamp version, the rest
still say -SNAPSHOT.  In 2.2 all would say -SNAPSHOT.  By adding:

            <outputFileNameMapping>

${artifact.artifactId}-${artifact.baseVersion}.${artifact.extension}
            </outputFileNameMapping>

to my dependency-set config for the assembly plugin, the assembly plugin
would also always use -SNAPSHOT.

In 2.3 the versions in the MANIFEST still do not match up to the assembly
(after removing the outputFileNameMapping), as in that case all the versions
in the assembly are timestamped, but many are not in the manifest.

Should I reopen MJAR-28?

--
Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com