I've looked a bit deeper into the source code. The <mapping> element is mapped by a Mapping class. This class has a setSources() method. This method is invoked by org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.ComponentValueSetter with the method setValueUsingSetter(). Is there a bug in this component?

Because in the pom.xml, the specific mapping has just one <source> element, while the setSources() method is forwarded a list of two <source> elements!

I'm not sure from which package it comes from, perhaps org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils:1.5.7 ?

Regards, Csaba

Gajo Csaba wrote:
Hello,

I'm using the rpm plugin for creating rpms. One project is divided into 3 rpms, so I have a configuration like

<plugin>
 <configuration>
    <mappings> ... </mappings>
 </configuration>
 <executions>
   <execution> ...</execution>
 </executions>
</plugin>

There is 1 main configuration, and 2 separate ones in 2 executions.

The main configuration contains a <mapping> with a <softlinkSource> element. This is the only time this element appears in the whole pom.xml. Now what happens next is that the soft link will appear in all 3 rpms. I've debugged the source, and all 3 executions contain the <softlinkSource> element! It's not in the pom.xml, but somehow the xml is parsed so that the same element is added to all 3 executions.

The <softlinkSource> element will always get appended to the last <mapping> element. So if I have like:
<mapping>
  ... stuff 1
</mapping>
<mapping>
  ... stuff 2
</mapping>
<mapping>
  ... stuff 3
</mapping>

then in the mapping containing "stuff 3", there will also be a <softlinkSource>.

How to make it run normally? Why is this happening in the first place?

Thanks, Csaba

Csaba Gajo                                         Cosylab
Email: csaba.g...@cosylab.com       http://www.cosylab.com
Phone: +386 (70) 226-357                  Teslova ulica 30
Skype ID: gcsaba2                        SI-1000 Ljubljana
Yahoo! IM: gcsaba2                                Slovenia
Web page: http://users.cosylab.com/~cgajo