Am Freitag, 5. Februar 2010 09:50:04 schrieb Søren Krogh Neigaard:
> Im getting grey hairs :)
>
> I tried with this in my pom.xml:
>
> <plugin>
>   <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>   <artifactId>maven-surefire-plugin</artifactId>
>   <version>2.5</version>
>   <configuration>
>     <systemPropertyVariables>
>       <db.driver>oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver</db.driver>
>       <db.url>${database.url}</db.url>
>       <db.username>${database.username}</db.username>
>       <db.password>${database.password}</db.password>
>     </systemPropertyVariables>
>   </configuration>
> </plugin>

That's almost exactly how I do it. The differences are:
- I'm still using surefire 2.4.2
- Due to the older version I use the (now) deprecated method of defining
  system properties in surefire (<systemProperties> instead of
  <systemPropertyVariables>)

How and where are you trying to access the properties? In some JUnit test
which is executed by the maven surefire plugin via
System.getProperty("db.url")? That definitely works for me.

However, Stephen's comments about locking you to maven this way sounds
reasonable. His approach is probably the better one. But I don't know yet how
these properties could be used in pom.xml for plugin configuration. Do they
get imported by maven somehow?

hth,
- martin