Hi all,

here's a report of my "progress" on this issue, in case others find it useful:

The maven-assembly-plugin uses an ObjectBasedValueSource to evaluate
${artifact.*} expressions with respect to the artifact's MavenProject (among other things). You can thus access the artifact's properties by ${artifact.model.properties}. This, however, gives you a map and the reflection-based ObjectBasedValueSource is stuck; there is no zero-arguments getter to use.

At the moment, I don't see a way to accomplish what I am trying to do, even although the documentation hints that this is possible:

3. Match against the project instance associated with the dependency’s Artifact (resolves: mainly POM properties)

Are there any chances of extending the capabilities of the maven-assembly-plugin in this respect? Or of at least fixing the documentation -- although this does not solve my problem. :-(

Best wishes,

Andreas Sewe