Hi all,

I have a web application that depends on another WAR (overlay). According to
m-war-p documentation [1], the current application is priority #1 and then come
dependent war. My understanding is that when there are two files with same path
in both current application and dependent war, this is the file in current
application that should ultimately be taken to produce the final war.

Example:
current application contains the file src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml

dependent war contain a nearly empty file dependentWar.war!WEB-INF/web.xml

When I run mvn war:inplace I can read in the log:

[INFO] --- maven-war-plugin:2.1-beta-1:inplace (default-cli) @ myWebApp ---
[INFO] Processing war project
[INFO] Processing overlay[ id com.mycompany:dependentWar]
[INFO] File[WEB-INF/web.xml] belonged to overlay[currentBuild] so it will be
overwritten.

As a result the src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml file was overwritten in the
current application by the file coming from the dependent WAR.

If I run mvn war:exploded the result is correct and the file in
target/myCurrentWebApp-XX-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/web.xml is the one coming from the
current web app.

Is it a known issue? Do you know if there is a workaround?

Regards,

Julien

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/overlays.html