I'm converting an applet project to use Maven.

This means I have a applet artifact which uses all kinds of other Swing related libraries and the actual WAR artifact. There also is a "shared" artifact that both use to communicate with each other. The applet is compiled with Java 1.6, the WAR with 1.5. This is no problem because each runs in its own JVM; one on the clien, the other on the server.

The applet is not part of the dependencies of the WAR, but it is to be copied into the WAR. Using dependency:copy I only get the applet.jar itself, but not any of its required dependencies. Using dependency:copy-dependencies I cannot specify which artifact(s) should be the starting point (it always assume the current WAR project).

Does anyone know of such a maven plugin, or will I develop it myself?