Hey,

I am trying to get a jar to be uploaded in the maven repository (local as
well as our online repo) under a different name than its default
${project.build.finalName}.  I tried changing the finalName under the
<build> tag as well as under the configuration of the maven-jar-plugin.

These attempts did change the name of the jar in my project/target
directory, however when it's being uploaded it gets its default name again.

<artifactId>common</artifactId>
<packaging>jar</packaging>
<build>
        <finalName>edp</finalName>
<plugin>
                <version>2.3.1</version>
                <configuration>
                    <finalName>edp</finalName>
                </configuration>
</plugin>

output in consule when doing the install/deploy phase:
Installing C:\projectsmaven\common\target\edp.jar to
C:\...\.m2\repository\...\common\0.0.1\common-0.0.1.jar

When I build wars which depend on this artifact I need the jar to be called
edp-0.0.1.jar in WEB-INF/libs.  Now it's still called common-0.0.1.jar

I don't want to use the assembly plugin with descriptor file for this.  My
client doesn't know a lot about Maven and they are going to get confused.

Thanks