On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> classifier.  Isn't there any way I can specify all the classifiers in
>> the same section, or even better just use a wildcard, like so?
>
> No. But you can create another artifact like A-1.0-all of type pom
> that depends on -dlls, -zips, and -headers artifacts and then, in
> turn, depend on it in your own pom. This will bring those 3 artifacts
> into your current project without declaring all 3 as dependencies.

Not a bad idea.  But the term "artifact" is kinda overloaded, so I'm
not sure which of these two did you mean?

1. Inside the pom file for A just add another descriptor with id "all"
so A will produce a 4th zip called A-1.0-all.zip.
2. Have a separate pom file that depends on -dlls, -libs, and -headers of A.

The only drawback I see to #1 is some extra disk space gets used (when
building A and in the repo).

The drawback I see to #2 is having to update both the normal pom file
for A and the "all" pom file every time A is updated to a new version.

Any other ideas?  Should I submit a feature request for having a
wildcard in the <classifier> section?  Or at least the ability to
specify multiple classifiers would be better than nothing.

Phillip