On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 2:34 AM, john.vint <johnvin...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> This is not m-e-p's problem. Stop renaming your projects if you want
>> to use m-e-p and use it to regenerate the .project files. Keep the
>> name as the artifactId, or change the artifactId in the pom to meet
>> your needs.
>
> Lets assume a person is working on two different version (two releases being
> developed in parallel).  They will both have the same artifact ID but
> eclipse forces a different project name.  I don't think asking m-e-p to
> offer this functionality is really an isnane request.
>
> The eclipse:eclipse plugin has worked perfectly fine as I have used it minus
> this one issue.  The resolution was extremely easy.
>
> Including a new configuration parameter the method createEclipseWriterConfig
> just needs
>
>        if(evaluateArtifactsFromEclipseWorkspace){
>                        projectName = projectBaseDir.getName();
>        }
>
> Problem solved.

Sure, the other way to solve it is to have two workspaces, one for
each release you are working on.
And this doesn't require changes to the code.

The other benefit is that if you are using Ctrl+Shift+T to find
classes you only get the release you are working on.
I've tried using the one workspace with multiple releases and it drove me nuts.
(Your sanity may vary)