There's a batch file I want to run during the clean phase.  Problem
is, the batch file lives below target/dependency, and the clean phase
wipes "target" first, so then my batch file can't be found.

Is there a good solution to this?  Like a pre-clean phase or something?

The only other ideas I've come up with are:
1. Move the functionality of the batch file into a plugin.
2. Copy the batch file from target/dependency to the base directory
(where the pom.xml is) during process-sources after the unpack.

The downside of #1 is that a plugin is really overkill for what this
batch file does.
The downside of #2 is that I have yet another file cluttering up the
base directory (though of course it will be svn:ignored).

Phillip