ok I have investigated this a bit more

It looks like that the WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory throws exception if the repository layout is != "default".
So I guess that means that if you want your own layout you also need to create your own RepositoryConnectorFactory (which most likely will be a copy of the WagonRepositoryConnectorFactory)???

Can it really like that?

Cheers
Lucas