Possibly generateReleasePoms=true could be the problem. It is now
deprecated, so I wouldn't be surprised if not too many people use it and/or
it's not tested fully.

I suggest that you stop using it. There's a separate goal for that if you
really need it.

Btw, I assume you have tried upgrading to the latest version of the plugin?

/Anders