Hi again,

Actually when running mvn help:effective-pom I can see all plugins from the
parent as expected, but when running it after release:prepare (which
actually faills) they are not there anymore. It seems that release:prepare
ignores the parent's plugins for the project it runs the release for.
Though, when plugins are defined in the project's scope and not the parent's
the release:prepare works as expected. The plugin in the parent is defines
parent as follows:

<project>
 .
 .