On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org> wrote:

> But I would rather not, if possible, redesign my entire build process. I'd
> like to be able to modify it to call "mvn deploy" instead of "mvn install".
>  Of course this won't work with the nexus repository.  So my question is, is
> there a way to tell maven, when building an assembly of modules,
>
> a) to only build release modules if their POM version number is not already
> in the repository,
> or
> b) alternatively, to simply not try to deploy release modules that already
> are in the repository
> or
> c) not to fail the whole build when an attempted deployment of a module
> fails for this reason?

Set all your versions to end in -SNAPSHOT, that way you can leave them
in the aggregated build without the repository manager complaining on
deploy.

If one of the modules is stable, do a release of it and have the other
modules depend on that released version (but you can still build the
next snapshot in your aggregator build.)

--
Wendy