Thanks Laird! I actually looked (very briefly) for this code but I was
looking in plexus-utils, not plexus-components, doh.

Surely there is a better way to implement this. I need to trace this
code around and figure out why its doing this and see if maybe we can
use another approach to get the same results, without invoking a child
shell to exec ls etc.

Wayne