On 18 December 2010 05:08, Barrie Treloar <baerr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 9:39 PM, Stefan Eder <stefan.e...@ebuconnect.de>
> wrote:
>>  Hi,
>>
>> since quite a while I am using Maven and Eclipse together with the Eclipse
>> plugin for Maven and the Maven plugin for Eclipse. And it is just great.
>>
>> But in the version 2.8 of the Eclipse plugin for Maven I am (hardly) missing
>> the goal m2eclipse.
>>
>> How can I tell the version 2.8 of the Eclipse plugin to create .classpath
>> files that refer to MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER and to add Maven nature and
>> build command to the .project files without touching the corresponding poms?
>
> You don't, you use m2eclipse directly.
> If you are using m2eclipse, you *CAN NOT* use maven-eclipse-plugin,
> hence it being removed in 2.8

Just wondering why support for "$ mvn eclipse:m2eclipse" was dropped
from the maven-eclipse-plugin in version 2.8? I don't understand why
maven-eclipse-plugin and using m2eclipse are incompatible.

What command line should I now be using instead?

Or should I just stick with version 2.7?

As I don't want to store the eclipse project in source control, or
have to manually create the eclipse project. I just want a simple
command line to automatically create the project file so I can them
just import them, or re-execute and refresh the project.

John