Marc Rohlfs wrote:

> ... It would e.g. be great if I could activate a profile by the
> existence of a file whose path contains an interpolatable token (like
> 'src/main/filters/${target.environment}/something.properties'). But I
> understand that something like this might lead to confusing
> interpolation behaviour which sometimes could be hard to maintain.

I think you're right to be concerned about adding extra confusion.  My guess
is that the only way something like this can have a chance is if the target
is limited to the <configuration> section of <plugin>s.  i.e. nothing that
affects the "build plan?"

I'm a little worried that this discussion will quickly be gaftered if the
scope gets too scary or ambitious.

Hog wild sidenote: it would be nice if <configuration> sections could
contain portions that were dynamically generated by other plugins, why stop
at simple properties?